So many things happening this month and not enough time! November is a busy month for the Calvin Christian community, with lots of events and options to choose from.
- Thanksgiving Break!! This break is a favorite among our students, with it beginning on the 21st and ending on the 25th. This holiday is a fun one, with families reuniting for food and fun all around.
- Fall Sports end and Winter Sports begin! It’s time Y’all. Winter is coming and so are winter sports. Get ready to switch from outdoor sports and blankets to indoor courts and heat!
- Christmas Songs! Yup, it’s that time. Some may prefer to begin preparing for Christmas after Thanksgiving, while others (such as me) are beginning to listen to Christmas songs (after Halloween of course).
- Hot Chocolate Weather! It’s starting to get chilly (aka freezing) outside and that calls for hot chocolate.
- Snow! Some love it, others hate it. I have mixed feelings about. Anyways, snow usually comes to Michigan in November, with one in five years coming in October. So we’ll just have to wait and see.
- World Kindness Day! You may not know this, but November 13th is World Kindness Day. So remember to be extra kind that day, and every other day as well.
- Freshmen-Sophomore Fall Banquet! Freshmen and Sophomores, get excited for this banquet happening on November 10.
- Leaves change and fall! All around you can see trees’ leaves changing colors, from yellow and read to brown and orange. You see leaves filling up and sometimes covering yards. Enjoy the beautiful colors of these leaves, because soon they will be gone.
That’s it for now! I hope you have a wonderful November month, with fun activities and holidays!
Article written by Gemma Martinez